Monday, April 4, 2011

Wondercon!

Yesterday I went to Wondercon. If you have no idea what that is, it is a comic book convention held in San Fracisco that is run by the same people as Comic-Con. It was lots of fun. Really, I am more of a manga girl than a comic fan, but I like going anywhere where people dress up in fantastical clothes. B and I met up with a really good friend of mine and we had lots of fun hanging out. I got to chat with the Studio Foglio folks. They write my favorite online comic, Girl Genius, and Kaja complimented my outfit!

I wore the hat I posted about last week, the corset it was made to match, a thrift store shirt, and a skirt I bought years ago from Gallery Serpantine, cable knit sweater tights, and my dickens boots. The skirt is now way too big, but I don't think it was too noticeable.

This last one is a bit dark, but I really liked the pose.

I originally made this corset as a mock up, since I had the fabric leftover from a bodice I made for myself for faire. As I worked on it I fell more in love with the fabric, so I spent the time to finish it well and I think I turned out really well. The teal is cotton twill, and the lining is a grey cotton/poly twill. I plan on doing a full critique of it sometime soon.

I hadn't been to a convention in years and this one made me want to go to FanimeCon, an anime convention in San Jose, CA. I used to go every year, but I haven't been in at least 4 years. The costumes at Fanime used to be out of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment