Sunday, April 3, 2011

I just have to share this

Today's post was supposed to be a tutorial for a cute little embellishment that happens to be fairly trendy right now, but today has been a bit less than awesome. Instead, I am going to point you to a really cute and fun video tutorial.


Has everyone seen the DIY Bustle video from Craftovision? If you haven’t, go watch it now. I’ll wait.

.

.

.

.

Adorable, no? I am in love with it and I have some fabric in my stash that is calling to me.

What do you think? Maybe with a black satin ruffle instead of the lace? I’m still pondering my options.

I really love that the Corrine’s projects are simple enough for a brand new seamster to jump into. They are quick and easy and the results are too cute for words, and if I needed something to wear on short notice, I would follow those directions exactly and end up with a great and very wearable little bustle/apron/capelet. I can be really bad about cutting corners if time in tight or if I am just not feeling inspired by a project. Sadly this often ends up being the case when I sew for my wonderful boyfriend, B. Sorry, honey…

If I have the time though, I want to put a few more finishing touches onto a project, so I am thinking about making one of these up, but all fancy-like, with seam finishes and everything. I don’t often make things I see in tutorials, particularly video tutorials. I would much rather read directions for something than watch them, unless is a complicated procedure. In a written tutorial I can skip ahead if I already know how to do something, but with a video you are sort of stuck watching. However, I think I am in the minority on that.

How often do you actually make something you see in a tutorial? What about video tutorials?

No comments:

Post a Comment