Sunday, May 1, 2011

6621 just doesn't seem to be happening

I just can't find the motivation to actually start on this shirt.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is because I don't have fabric that inspires me.  Maybe it is my general dislike of working with commercial patterns.  Maybe it is a dissatisfaction with having to wear the 'work mask' and disguise some of my odd ball traits.  Maybe it is the continuing sinus hell I am going through that makes me not want to commit to a big project. It could be a lot of things, but right now it just isn't happening, so instead, I just darned a sock.

I have a deep and abiding love for cute socks.  Luckily so does my boyfriend, so he doesn't think it is weird that I have a big rubbermaid bin, just for socks.  When one gets a hole, I don't want to just throw it out, especially if it is a particularly cute or interesting pair, so I learned how to darn.  It isn't hard and it doesn't take very long.  I usually use a matching color for the darning, and then it doesn't even show up, but I liked the orange on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment