Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Needle felting

Do you have a Daiso nearby?  It is one of my favorite stores.  Japanese imports and most everything is $1.50.  Really, I just like wandering down the aisles checking out the fun and sometimes odd looking products.  Last night I was there and noticed that they had felting needles and packages of different colors wool roving.  I have been contemplating needle felting for a while, so I picked out a few colors and made my way to the check out.

When I got home I pulled out the roving and needles and gave it a try.  I didn't know what I was doing, so I googled and found this super basic set of instructions, and decided I wanted to make a little white mouse.  It was a lot easier than I expected!  Sculpting is not one of my best skills, and my mouse turned out pretty cute!  He is pretty loosely felted, so he is very squishy.  I doubt he would hold up well to being played with, but for sitting on a shelf, he is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment