Monday, June 6, 2011

Has this ever happened to you?


I haven’t blogged in ages.  I have been really busy with some drama and lots of fun and decided that it was more important for me to be out experiencing, than in, writing.

A few weeks back, B and I went to the swap meet at the Ashby Bart station.  It sn’t my favorite Bart Station, but we had gone to Laci’s to pick up something for a corset I was working on, and the swap meet was right there.  We were wandering around, and I saw something that stopped me in my tracks.  A big pot I had made in a ceramics class in college was up for sale in one of the stalls.  Glazed blue with an intentionally jagged lip, it had not aged well.  While I made some things in this class that I was very proud of, this was not one of them.  A huge coil pot, a tiny bit lopsided, and just not my style at all.  One of those items you make in a class because you have to fulfill and assignment rather that because you were inspired.   

I have no idea how this pot ended up at the swap meet, and thinking back I have no idea what I did with the pot.  I once considered giving it to my mom, since mothers will love anything their child makes, but shipping it across the country seemed like a lot of effort for something I has entirely indifferent to (the pot, not my mother).  Did my ex take it when he moved out?  That seems highly unlikely since he didn’t take many things that legitimately belonged to him and I can’t imagine he had a strong attachment to the pot.  Did I give it to someone and have forgotten it?  Did I leave it outside my apartment in the “free” pile?  Did I accidentally leave it in one of my many moves over the past 5 years?  I have no idea, but I am really intrigued by the path that this item that I created, and then lost track of, might have taken to end up at a swap meet. 

I wonder if anyone bought it.  I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment