Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The mission, should I choose to stick to it...

When I make something, other people see what went right, but I can always pick out what went wrong. It may seem like I am too critical of my own work, but the truth is that I can learn so much from the things I don’t like about a garment. When I got back to examine my own work I can see exactly how I need to improve my skills and by looking at multiple projects I can see how I have improved overtime.

From time to time here, I am going to look in detail at items I have made over the years and see what I can learn from them. What did I do right? What did I do wrong? What would I do differently if I made this today? My focus will probably be on corsetry, since that is what I sew most often, but other items may make their way in here.


And here is a quick spoiler on my first analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment